Monday, December 17, 2012

The Recipe Book

A few years ago for Christmas, my mom gave me the most thoughtful gift. When she got married, her mom hand wrote a copy of all of her family recipes, and started a recipe box for her. My mom took these original cards and scanned them, and put them in this adorable binder she got from Williams Sonoma (no longer available, but you could do the same as a very easy DIY project).


The binder originally came with plastic sleeves for recipe cards, but I've found normal page protectors more useful. I simply print off recipes whenever I find them, or rip them out of magazines, and into the binder they go!



 The tabs on the binder are: appetizers, soups & salads, main dishes, seafoods, side dishes, desserts, holidays, breads, pastas, brunches, and journal.






I love opening my binder and seeing my grandmother's handwriting, with a perfect reminder of what cooking is supposed to be about!




No comments:

Post a Comment