Friday, December 14, 2012

Deck the Halls




Christmas is quickly approaching! I made all of our decorations this year, and I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out! When you enter our apartment, you are greeted by my handmade wreath, courtesy of our neighbors tree trimming project.


The living room windows are decked out in blue and gold. I made the paper snowflakes snowflakes and chain, in retrospect I should have painted the paper first. Live and learn!


Look up and you'll find my crepe paper mistletoe. In case you didn't know, both mistletoe and poinsettias are highly poisonous. So, if you have a curious cat or kid, other solutions are necessary!


Our Christmas tree and mantle, complete with stockings and sparkly shell ornaments that I made out of real seashells.


A present already under the tree!


My Martha Stewart paper poinsettias. I added some extra lights in the frosted vase to give the mantle a nice glow.

The Noel is simply cut out of cardboard and covered in glitter. The font is called "Babes in Toyland" which I thought was fitting, and can be found for free here.


No comments:

Post a Comment