Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

December is here! Without the American holiday timeline/ unspoken rule of "no Christmas before Thanksgiving", decorations in France tend to start popping up a in late November. But I always make myself wait until December to start decorating for the holidays. Our decorations are up, but I thought I'd give a peek at all the DIY goodness I got into this year.

I'm so happy glitter is back in. I was never allowed to use glitter as I child, and I think I'm more than making up for lost time.



I also have a newfound obsession with making crêpe paper flowers. Perfect way to decorate with poinsettias if you have a curious cat like we do! You can find the tutorial and tons of others on Martha Stewart's website.


I'm also big on using found materials for decorating. One of our neighbors trimmed his tree, and I profited to make a simple wreath!


To finish any long winter day, a bowl of creamy homemade butternut soup - yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment